Sunday, August 11, 2024

The Window in The Attic - Art and A Little Ghost Story




I found a place to hide from the world — a room with a view of the golf course in front of my home. I pretend we don't live in a sleepy community but in the countryside, alone with nature.
The rain had woken me from a dreamless sleep; the cool air in the room that had come in from outside suggested autumn soon would come. The old lace curtains fluttered and lifted gently in the breeze, casting strange shadows on the wall. Alone- inside the attic room, I watched the rain pitter-patter on the window panes. The door creaked open, Bat; my black cat peaked around, jumped up to the window sill and calmly sat. He looked at the green landscape but was fascinated by a white light that danced in front. The room was quiet, save for the soft rustling of the curtains and the distant chirping of birds carrying on the wind. The rain had stopped. All was calm and then.
I thought I might have seen a lace-wearing candlelit cat spook.
The candle's flame flickered wildly and then, with a soft puff, went out.










No comments:

Blog Archive

Blog Archive