Friday, March 7, 2014

THE MAGIC COTTAGE

~ MOON LAKE ~ TRANSMOGRIFIED ~ 3 TIMES A CHARM

And now known as……..




~ THE MAGIC COTTAGE  ~ 




So I decided adding the cottage to Moon Lake would be a nice touch to it's landscape . 
I added some violet colour to the water and sky , lightened the background trees and also added some yellow to the moons. I think this is it.

After the painting was done I discovered the cottage would  disappear into the woods depending from the distance, angle and time of day I viewed it. I adore when paintings keep a little trickery within their panorama and when you least expect it , there it is. 
It kind of reminds me of the cottage in James Herbert's book "The Magic Cottage": ) ~ 3 Times the Charm


Thanks Eva and Kristin for hosting Paint Party Friday


Until Later,
Annabelle

10 comments:

Ivy said...

Your painting is gorgeous, so lovely...dark and deep. Love it!

Faye said...

this has such a magical quality to it. It is a beautiful moonlit scene. As for your question, no, I was a blonde till I was in about 3rd grade. My only grandchild, a young woman now, had and has beautiful red hair.

Leovi said...

Yes, a real house full of mystery!

Anonymous said...

I love your mysterious cottage!

Lisabella Russo said...

It is beautiful! I love how soft and mysterious it is, so magical!

Ayala Art said...

I love this! The reflection of the moon is so pretty!

Paper rainbow said...

I love the reflective quality of the water and the mysterious cottage.fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Very magical and mysterious. Beautiful!!!

Have a great day!
Nora

Unknown said...

What a great painting! ...I love the blues the most... and the contrast of the moon.
Happy PPF & thanks for stopping by <3
Jana

denthe said...

I didn't notice the cottage until you mentioned it. Great mysterious magical atmosphere!

Blog Archive

Blog Archive