THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP

THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP
"You have to have a sense of humour, darling, to be alive. Even a bit mad. It helps to be mad."

Friday, March 7, 2014

THE MAGIC COTTAGE

~ MOON LAKE ~ TRANSMOGRIFIED ~ 3 TIMES A CHARM

And now known as……..




~ THE MAGIC COTTAGE  ~ 




So I decided adding the cottage to Moon Lake would be a nice touch to it's landscape . 
I added some violet colour to the water and sky , lightened the background trees and also added some yellow to the moons. I think this is it.

After the painting was done I discovered the cottage would  disappear into the woods depending from the distance, angle and time of day I viewed it. I adore when paintings keep a little trickery within their panorama and when you least expect it , there it is. 
It kind of reminds me of the cottage in James Herbert's book "The Magic Cottage": ) ~ 3 Times the Charm


Thanks Eva and Kristin for hosting Paint Party Friday


Until Later,
Annabelle

10 comments:

Kim said...

Your painting is gorgeous, so lovely...dark and deep. Love it!

Faye said...

this has such a magical quality to it. It is a beautiful moonlit scene. As for your question, no, I was a blonde till I was in about 3rd grade. My only grandchild, a young woman now, had and has beautiful red hair.

Leovi said...

Yes, a real house full of mystery!

craftytrog said...

I love your mysterious cottage!

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

It is beautiful! I love how soft and mysterious it is, so magical!

Ayala Art said...

I love this! The reflection of the moon is so pretty!

Paper rainbow said...

I love the reflective quality of the water and the mysterious cottage.fabulous!

thidu said...

Very magical and mysterious. Beautiful!!!

Have a great day!
Nora

Jana TangledPen said...

What a great painting! ...I love the blues the most... and the contrast of the moon.
Happy PPF & thanks for stopping by <3
Jana

denthe said...

I didn't notice the cottage until you mentioned it. Great mysterious magical atmosphere!

Charlotte's Web Tangled Garden

Photobucket

Sometimes a haunting melody can make quiet an impression ~^..^~
Thanks to Vic Mizzy for creating such unforgettable soundtracks and to Hollis Kim for sharing this fab rendition of the Haunted Organ from The Ghost and Mr. Chicken ….will always luv listening to it, no matter the time of year but especially great in the month of October

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

All graphics, text and design:

Copyright ~ Annabelle ( Anna Laura Livinal Belanger )


The writing, poetry, art, graphic banners and designs, photographs are all copyright of the blog author and if you wish to use any of the work please ask.


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so. Eddy needs credit as do some other work....searching for their rightful creators to credit


**** Please understand if you do come across any of your work with no credited signature.... I will be very prompt to add your copyright to the work if you beat me to the punch.


Annabelle 2012


Blog Archive

Photobucket " Was it worth while to paint so fair "…… A world of the rarest most lovely beauty

Flora and the Ghost Ball * Click picture to read

Flora and the Ghost Ball * Click picture to read
Halloween Spooky Story

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...