THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP

THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP
"You have to have a sense of humour, darling, to be alive. Even a bit mad. It helps to be mad."

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Good Habit ~ Art Obsession ~ "Brown~Eyed Daisies and Chrysanthemums " Bas- Relief Painting

BAS ~ RELIEF PAINTING ~ WIP

Paint Party Friday Week 47 ~ Year 3



Art has it's way with me, almost always , if I let it.
Usually, even before dawn has waken, it quietly arrives accompanied by the high pitched vocal of a hunger cat by way of a strong aroma of percolating coffee entering my senses and triggering my creative habit…..my "Art Obsession Habit ". A habit I happily accept with a few minor negatives thrown in, like one  having too many unfinished projects. One of those unfinished projects is this Bas- Relief of potted daisies and chrysanthemums I've had for some time now. A found art piece which was never finished and had the worst colour ever.The original background was a chocolate brown and the flowers were painted gold. So I decided to give it a fresh coat of white gesso paint.




















 After a number of applications of a monochromatic colour and drying periods in-between, I mixed some paints and started to repaint it. I also used some interference gold and mother of pearl for the flowers. In the process of deciding on the shadowing of the florals ,my daughter mentioned that the work reminded her of Van Gogh's Sunflowers painting in the way I had painted only a few of the daisy centres brown. I had never realized it until she mentioned it but her remark did make me feel good about this work's progress.

For now, I call it “Brown ~ Eyed Daisies and Chrysanthemums”










Love some FEEDBACK on where to shadow : ) THANKS



Until Later
Annabelle


Linking this art post to the Paint Party Friday Artists' Group














2 comments:

kat said...

This will be a beautiful piece, such a work, go for it and follow what feels good to you!

Abigail Davidson said...

Wow, what a gorgeous project! So inspiring!

Charlotte's Web Tangled Garden

Photobucket

Sometimes a haunting melody can make quiet an impression ~^..^~
Thanks to Vic Mizzy for creating such unforgettable soundtracks and to Hollis Kim for sharing this fab rendition of the Haunted Organ from The Ghost and Mr. Chicken ….will always luv listening to it, no matter the time of year but especially great in the month of October

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

All graphics, text and design:

Copyright ~ Annabelle ( Anna Laura Livinal Belanger )


The writing, poetry, art, graphic banners and designs, photographs are all copyright of the blog author and if you wish to use any of the work please ask.


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so. Eddy needs credit as do some other work....searching for their rightful creators to credit


**** Please understand if you do come across any of your work with no credited signature.... I will be very prompt to add your copyright to the work if you beat me to the punch.


Annabelle 2012


Blog Archive

Photobucket " Was it worth while to paint so fair "…… A world of the rarest most lovely beauty

Flora and the Ghost Ball * Click picture to read

Flora and the Ghost Ball * Click picture to read
Halloween Spooky Story

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...