Monday, August 27, 2012

~ Red Sails In The SunSet ~ In a Dream you are never Eighty or Fifty~Five






"Red Sails in the Sunset ~ The Fairytale Boat  "The Singhalese " Original Annabelle 2012 ~ Art Sea Life Vintage Bottle 


Luv the silhouette , never intended to take the pic this way but oh such an enchanting discovery when i started the shoot this morning : )
 .......Wish i knew more about photography....must take that course!


In a dream you are never eighty .......or fifty five. 
Anne Sexton's first part of this quote resonates so true with me, in mind, mind you, I really do not feel my age, never did and I truly hope and pray I never will. 
I hope I'll still be in pretty good health to continue on my way down the oak lined country lane. 
It is only now I realize that time has in a way been my friend and allowed me to continue growing, gathering wisdom and truth although there was a period when I had thought differently, only negatively towards it but Time was and still is an ally and foe; it weathers and wears and tatters and tears but in the end it has been always a friend.

I have lived in my soul's dark cottage for all of my life until only recently I discovered in living that I always possessed some form of artist resource well hidden secretly within . 
The cottage I live in now is a 1920's craftsman english cottage on a hilly mountaintop over looking the deep blue sea where the early morning sun streams within the creamy walls and casts them in a light pink glow and it is here where I create magical worlds of enchantment.

The soul's dark cottage, battered and decayed,
Lets in new light through chinks that time hath made.
~Edmund Waller


I'm an Artist, there I said it!

I have always admired art and some just takes my breath away.

All Artists are inspired by life, wild, tame or both; consistently I am initially inspired by the wild side and then quickly given sustenance by the tame. The art that originally grows from the natural world later is adorned by an amenable earthly realm. When securely fused or in many cases of my art work, soldered, the art I believe, becomes an energy source giving life to a void and empty space.
We are all artists, some born with more resources than others but the secret lies in the artist who knows well  how to use them to their greatest possible potential. I am no master of the arts and wish I could play a piano or organ beautifully and enchant myself but because I can't play i am constantly swept into a dreamy Disneyland by others who can. 

When it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day.  ~Marty Bucella
You are never too old to learn  and if ...........

How far away the stars seem, and how far is our first kiss, and ah, how old my heart.  ~William Butler Yeats...



Never feel the skipping beat of your aging heart........ 


Oh! weep not that our beauty wears
Beneath the wings of Time;
That age o'erclouds the brow with cares
That once was raised sublime...
But mourn the inward wreck we feel
As hoary years depart,
And Time's effacing fingers steal
Young feelings from the heart!
~Robert Montgomery, "Lost Feelings," March 1828



But Never let Time steal away your unmeasurable love for Never~ Ending FairyTales

















Red Sails in the Sunset , Way out on the sea

Oh, carry my loved one home safely to me.

She sailed at the dawning, all day I've been blue,
Red sails in the Sunset, I'm trusting in you.



"Red Sails in the Sunset ~ The Fairytale Boat  "The Singhalese " Original Annabelle 2012 ~ Art Sea Life Vintage Bottle 

Inspiration taken from the wild sea, 60's arts and crafts walnut mice boats ( Christmas tree ornaments we made when the kids were little ) and Florida shell boats, music and especially from the gorgeous Twilight and Night Sea Paintings of Romantic Movement Russian /Armenian Artist Ivan Aivazousky 1858


Materials... North American Pressed Glass (NAPG) in a pink hue with daisy pattern...look like stars to me : ) 
Solder, shells, coral, copper wire and metal for sail.
German glitter ,crystal beads for inside and outside of bottle. 


Hope you like this latest art piece. Available on Etsy very soon.




Remember .......Old age ain't no place for sissies.  ~Bette Davis



NOTE BENE: A huge thank you to the music artists and DISNEY that allow me to play their enchanting music on my blog: AL BOWLY, ONE REPUBLIC AND THE PIERCES ; IN TURN I HOPE I OPEN THE DOORS TO YOUR WONDERFUL WORK TO OTHERS : ) 



No comments:

Blog Archive

Blog Archive