Friday, March 2, 2012

Abat-Jour ~ Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow ~ Paint Party Friday week #51

Saying good-bye to a dear departed pet, sorting out a few differences and enjoying a little bit of nostalgic cinema together.

Yesterday......

We said goodbye to Lupe ...mom's loyal companion....Lupe December 19th/ 2001 ~ February 27th/2012...11 years young .

Today.....

Waiting for a call to hear when Lupe will be returning back home.

Tomorrow......

Thinking mom will find it hard returning to her home without Lupe there.
Lupe will no more be waiting for her return by the side light of the door.....


Since Lupe's passing my mom has stayed with us and needless to say I haven't had much time for my art but I did get a little down time to do a little sketching for Paint Party Friday Last night, M set us up in my bedroom with my computer and Netflix and we got to watch




a funny Italian Oldie...."Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow". Of course that famous strip tease scene never fails to make us laugh .











And while searching for photos I discovered this gorgeous image of Sophia with a little pooch  who looks quite a bit like our dear Lupe.


Listening to the background music and lyrics , it gave me inspiration. I sketched this image of a gothic window ~ church window with webs and a spider and floating helicopter seeds. The sunlight breaking through the darkness; with Lupe's passing thou but sad, his spirit rises in the sun's warm light. The seeds representing rebirth are on their journey from one plane to the next.....seeing the Luce Blu : )
















So this is it for this week's Paint Party Friday Week #51...Please drop in on the other participating artists.




Until next time.....

 Annabelle

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your mom's dog lupe.
Love you painting, I love spider webs ,, LOVE THEM.

Unknown said...

It's SO hard to lose a pet, but what an incredible way to honor it. I LOVE this!
PPF Hugs,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your mom's loss of her beloved Lupe. It's tough to lose our pets. Sending hugs. Your artwork is sooo mysterious!

faye said...

Beautiful sketch of the window. So sorry to hear anyone who loses a loved pet. You are kind to invite her to stay the night. It will be lonely for her in the days to come.

Molly said...

so sorry to hear of Lupe's passing. i hope your mom won't be too lost without her.

you really captured the shadow and light beautifully in your sketch. well done!

Mary C. Nasser said...

So sorry for your mom's loss of Lupe.
Pets truly are dear members of our family.
~Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

EVA said...

Sorry to hear or your and your Mother's loss. So hard.

Very nice gothic window!

Daniele Valois said...

This window is wicked! LOVE!

carol l mckenna said...

Sending you healing energy and light to you and your family ~ Lupe will be 'watching over' your Mom ~ artwork is rather intriquing ~ (sp?) ~ mystical ~ namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) PPF ^_^

Gloria j Zucaro said...

So sad to lose a beloved pet. I love your sketch, and particularly the floating seed pods.

Helen Campbell said...

Your gothic window is fabulous. What a wonderful tribute you your mothers furry friend. Happy PPF!

carlarey said...

Sorry to hear about Lupe, I hope your mom does okay.

Love your gothic window, it's beautifully moody.

Christine said...

very thoughtful post this week, your window is beautiful! RIP Lupe. Your mom should get another cat when she's ready maybe.

Christine said...

oh Lupe was a dog? I saw the cat quote in your header, sorry for the mistake.

Leovi said...

I love these beautiful drawings of the window. I always liked Sophia Loren.

Victoria said...

Beautiful post Annabelle...stunning art..very powerful images!Stunning work!
And many hugs to you and all who loved sweet Lupe!!
Shine on!
Wishing you a magical week ahead...thanks for all the magic you share!
Victoria
PS; what a beautiful pic of S.L and that sweet dog!

Anne Manda said...

Mysterious and magical drawing!
I'm sorry for your loss of Lupe.

Ε olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I'm sorry for lupe. Your drawing is wonderful. Love te little spider. :)

Unknown said...

What an amazing sketch!! I love gothic-ish things!! :)

ANNE said...

Beautiful work, so sad for your loss.

xox

Tricia said...

I think you chose a wonderful way to represent your mom's dog. Such a thoughtful way to think of his passing. I hope your mom is not too sad.
Blessings,
Tricia

Unknown said...

My symphonies for Lupe.

Great painting, I really like the mood of the spider artwork.

Happy PPF xx

Jaime Haney said...

I love your memorial sketch for Lupe. I am just loving the seeds falling among the spiderwebs... so mysterious looking and gives movement.

It is so hard to say good bye to our beloved furry family members. Why do they not live as long as we do? I'll never understand this. Sincere sympathy to your mother, bless her heart. And bless Lupe's little soul... Godspeed Lupe.

Unknown said...

That has to be so hard for you Mom. It is never easy to lose our furry friends..

Your sketch looks wonderful.

Blog Archive

Blog Archive