THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP

THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP
"You have to have a sense of humour, darling, to be alive. Even a bit mad. It helps to be mad."

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Blue's Cure

Hope you are enjoying the music down memory lane. Always a perfect Blue's Cure.... at least it works for me. I'll be returning shortly with many pieces of art work I have been working on in the past few months. Music and Art are always my constant companions when battling the blues... : )

Hopefully they will give me the incentive to carry forward with what I had previously wanted to do in the month of October. A party with a few very special original prizes to give away...... ; )



N.B.  photo belongs to Possum Prints


I smile to think of what they used
To help us kids survive,
But I am "going on" 69
And very much alive.
My sorest throats were eased, and I
Still hold no bit of rancour
To think of sucking sugar lumps
With a drop or two of camphor.


And camphor mixed with goose grease for
A winter chest congestion:
Baking soda cleaned my teeth
And helped my indigestion.
Because of Mother's tender heart I hereby sing a Gloria!
She never gave me castor oil,
Just Syrupy Castoria.

Salt for all mosquito bites,
Cobwebs on the scratches,
The sickroom fumigated with
Our sulphur kitchen matches.
Somehow there's quite a bunch of us
That never had a shot,
But here we are still kicking
And enjoying it a lot.

~ Author Unknown


No comments:

Charlotte's Web Tangled Garden

Photobucket

Sometimes a haunting melody can make quiet an impression ~^..^~
Thanks to Vic Mizzy for creating such unforgettable soundtracks and to Hollis Kim for sharing this fab rendition of the Haunted Organ from The Ghost and Mr. Chicken ….will always luv listening to it, no matter the time of year but especially great in the month of October

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

All graphics, text and design:

Copyright ~ Annabelle ( Anna Laura Livinal Belanger )


The writing, poetry, art, graphic banners and designs, photographs are all copyright of the blog author and if you wish to use any of the work please ask.


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so. Eddy needs credit as do some other work....searching for their rightful creators to credit


**** Please understand if you do come across any of your work with no credited signature.... I will be very prompt to add your copyright to the work if you beat me to the punch.


Annabelle 2012


Blog Archive

Photobucket " Was it worth while to paint so fair "…… A world of the rarest most lovely beauty

Flora and the Ghost Ball * Click picture to read

Flora and the Ghost Ball * Click picture to read
Halloween Spooky Story

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...