Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Blue's Cure

Hope you are enjoying the music down memory lane. Always a perfect Blue's Cure.... at least it works for me. I'll be returning shortly with many pieces of art work I have been working on in the past few months. Music and Art are always my constant companions when battling the blues... : )

Hopefully they will give me the incentive to carry forward with what I had previously wanted to do in the month of October. A party with a few very special original prizes to give away...... ; )



N.B.  photo belongs to Possum Prints


I smile to think of what they used
To help us kids survive,
But I am "going on" 69
And very much alive.
My sorest throats were eased, and I
Still hold no bit of rancour
To think of sucking sugar lumps
With a drop or two of camphor.


And camphor mixed with goose grease for
A winter chest congestion:
Baking soda cleaned my teeth
And helped my indigestion.
Because of Mother's tender heart I hereby sing a Gloria!
She never gave me castor oil,
Just Syrupy Castoria.

Salt for all mosquito bites,
Cobwebs on the scratches,
The sickroom fumigated with
Our sulphur kitchen matches.
Somehow there's quite a bunch of us
That never had a shot,
But here we are still kicking
And enjoying it a lot.

~ Author Unknown


No comments:

Blog Archive

Blog Archive