Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shelter from the Storm





Little Friends Dining Out in a Winter Storm

No matter the weather these little feathered fellows found time to get together and share some quality time , even in a snow storm!

Yesterday was my first class in Diabetes education at the Kemptville District Hospital.
Even in the storm over 20 people braved the weather and attended the 8 am class. I was lucky to have a chauffeur, my daughter who drove us safely there and back and was patient enough to stay there with me for the entire day just to support me.....love you M! Today is the second class that completes the course and after that I will get an individual appointment with the RD to follow a life plan in better eating.I hope I can make the changes for if I don't I am now realizing just how devastating this disease can become. So along with my other ailments this is the most recent one that has moved in the residence....haha! I should seriously make it less inviting, better get my house cleaned up!!!
So, needless to say the show of attendees was large , an indicator that this disease is far bigger than I thought and more serious than I previously knew. The educator giving the class Nancy Goetz RN, CDE gives a very informative class at the hospital along with Megan Blair the RD and Melanie Atkinson BScD.Pod.M Chiropodist. I'm thankful that here in Canada we have this kind of health assistance at our disposal , we are very fortunate indeed. I thank these gals immensely for their support.

Yesterday was a little like these birds, a group of strangers got together;sheltered from the storm, had a bite to eat, talked about the weather and their new grocery lists that would bring them a little sunshine into their world.

Until next time....God Bless


If you are reading this post Molly, I have a bottle for you that I made last week. .....ready to ship out this coming Friday....I haven't forgotten.





1 comment:

mermaiden said...

i just have to say,the photos are magical=]

Blog Archive

Blog Archive