Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ghost and Mrs.Muir

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir happens to be one of my all time favourite classic film that I never get tired of watching. After an early morning view of an old favourite flick of mine "The Wolfman" with Lon Chaney Jr. 


http://lonchaney.com/









I remarked to my husband how well Benicio Del Toro http://www.beniciodeltoro.com/






portrayed the character of Lawrence Talbot in the newly recreated Wolfman ; without doubt Del Toro's love affair with the old classics is evident throughout the new production, something I rarely see in today's remakes.  


And so this brings me to "Ravin' Maven of Classic Film".
When I found this gal's work I was quite taken by how well she was able to capture the complete atmospheric feel of the movie " The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", much like Benicio Del Toro did in "Wolfman". 


So here are some stills for you to enjoy with the video to follow . 







Gull Cottage 

Another gorgeous home by the sea much like Practical Magic only I somehow find this more Romantic..the black and white film and being a classic flick of the past.Ghost stories are truly my favourite.




Mrs. Muir upon first seeing Gull Cottage.Wouldn't you want to live here?

Besides my Gothic Church , this house by the sea would be my other choice and of course a friendly ghost being part of the package deal...haha!





Looking through the glass window pane a disappearing ghost is revealed. Rex Harrison portrayed the sea captain ghost admirably and left every female viewer with the vision what a romantic ghost would be like...everyone wanted to meet a sea captain ghost after that.


 And the beautiful Gene Tierney...Many men adored her why not a Ghost?





Entranced by a Lovely portrait of a handsome Sea Captain.



Writing a Ghost Novel....I would adore having such an opportunity....Ooooh so Terribly Romantic!!!
In a gorgeous old house by the sea prompted to write a story and hear it first hand from the home's ghost himself....imagine what a thrill it would be.

After watching Ravin's video you'll most definitely want to watch the Ghost and Mrs. Muir very soon.
Her video work is astounding and so amazing in capturing the moments we are all familiar with in each and every movie she has meticulously and artfully spot lighted. Check out her site. http://themave.com/ and enjoy!






Pause playlist above "About Me" to view large video format on this post .















1 comment:

Marfi-topia said...

love the wolfman....will have to watch Ghost and mrs. muir:)

Blog Archive

Blog Archive