Tuesday, September 25, 2018

FIRST WITCH ~ BRIDGET BISHOP AKA BB



FIRST WITCH ~ Bridget Bishop aka B.B.









There in the hidden corner behind the witch tree,the little black cat with golden eyes sat keeping watch over his beloved witch, B.B. Salem was the witch’s only cat and when Bridget Bishop was taken away , put on trial for practicing witchcraft and hung, the little cat was left alone, naturally becoming the guardian of Bishop House, his only comfort a portrait of his mistress by his side.









A gathering of estate sale finds, Witch Potion Bottles I made, a few crystals from my collection and Sid Dickens Heart Wall plaques are some of the props I used in creating The Alter for Bridget Bishop, the first witch to hang on June 10th/ 1692 in Salem, Massachusetts.



The portrait of the lovely enchantress is an antique find from a Grenville/Leeds antique dealer; I swapped two of my Eaton paintings for it plus twenty dollars.



Bringing her home I always thought of her a witch, a very beautiful witch.




No comments:

Blog Archive

Blog Archive