THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP

THE WOODS ARE LOVELY DARK AND DEEP
"You have to have a sense of humour, darling, to be alive. Even a bit mad. It helps to be mad."

Friday, May 13, 2011

Paint Party Friday Week 9 ~ " Past Curfew "

Not sure what is going on this week , maybe blogger issues I don't think Kristin and Eva cancelled the party, anyway I'll go ahead and post; hopefully it isn't .



This week's Paint Party Friday Submission....." Past Curfew "

Friday the 13th............Weeps once again is alone in the Dark





WIP.....Just finished " Weeps " yesterday and when I tried to post him this morning blogger was down......Hmmmm...... anything to do with  it being Friday the 13th? I for one keep the number 13 as a lucky charm but probably not for all so it seems.........

Step #1 ~ Harvest Conk
Step #2 ~ Dry the Shelf Mushroom for a couple of months, but not required
Step #3 ~ Gesso  prep
Step #4 ~ Sketch design, again not required if you can draw...hehe...not like me
Step #5 ~ Wood burn using wood burning tool...again not required
Step #6 ~ Paint, again not required
Step #7 ~ Seal with shellac if desired



This artist Conk doesn't sit well so once I complete "Weeps" I will be making a base for the Shelf Mushroom art







A small little door to a fairy's home. Looks like Weeps isn't really all alone as he thought.





Another little door isn't too far from Weeps.




M named this work and thought of adding the lily flower lantern .Will be working on him for this week in-between gardening, treasure hunting for old relics of the natural kind and manmade. Hope you all have yourself a great weekend and enjoy the Spring weather.

p.s. I will try to post a few of the great Treasures I was fortunate to come across in the last few weeks.

Maybe they may give you an incentive to frequent a few yard and church sales of your own.....maybe you'll find your artistic inspiration in a lost and forgotten gem.....

Have fun Treasure Hunting and Creating

Annabelle

5 comments:

NatashaMay said...

Weeps looks so sad. :) But he is the cutest thing. Beuatiful!

Roban Studio said...

Weeps is such a cute little owl. I still can't believe how huge these mushrooms are! Could you do me a favor and take a photo of one on the tree next time you find one, so I can understand how they grow and look in nature? Looking forward to seeing the treasures you found.

Annabelle said...

Thanks for the lovely comments. I will be going on a hike in the wild wood next weekend with the family......scary cat at heart.
On my way back home yesterday morning from the sales, my friend and I saw a fisher cross the road.....scary and ugly and reminded me of some horror tales I had heard from the past so most likely to not venture the wood alone, even with dog......haha! I will try to take a picture of the shelf mushroom for you.

Will post some treasures soon.

Annabelle

priti.lisa said...

I always enjoy your Weeps, Annabelle and this one shines too! ♥ Lisa

Annabelle said...

Hi all,
Roban Studio asked if I could take a pic next time I go gather the mushrooms.....since lately I have seen Fishers in the area and bears I wouldn't go out alone till the coming weekend with hubby and kids ....too scared so I have the best thing for now . I discovered a gal from New England ~ Joan " For the Love of a House " who adores these artist conks and uses them in her interior and exterior decor...Here are the three links.......Enjoy!

http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com/2011/05/lovely-surprise.html

http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com/2010/09/back-porch.html

http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com/2010/06/decorating-with-nature.html


Hope this takes care of your curiosity for the time being Roban


Annabelle >^..^<

Charlotte's Web Tangled Garden

Photobucket

Sometimes a haunting melody can make quiet an impression ~^..^~
Thanks to Vic Mizzy for creating such unforgettable soundtracks and to Hollis Kim for sharing this fab rendition of the Haunted Organ from The Ghost and Mr. Chicken ….will always luv listening to it, no matter the time of year but especially great in the month of October

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

All graphics, text and design:

Copyright ~ Annabelle ( Anna Laura Livinal Belanger )


The writing, poetry, art, graphic banners and designs, photographs are all copyright of the blog author and if you wish to use any of the work please ask.


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so. Eddy needs credit as do some other work....searching for their rightful creators to credit


**** Please understand if you do come across any of your work with no credited signature.... I will be very prompt to add your copyright to the work if you beat me to the punch.


Annabelle 2012


Blog Archive

Photobucket " Was it worth while to paint so fair "…… A world of the rarest most lovely beauty

Blog Archive

Flora and the Ghost Ball * Click picture to read

Flora and the Ghost Ball * Click picture to read
Halloween Spooky Story

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...