Friday, March 25, 2011

Cabinet of Curiosities~ Our Delectable Assortment of Unusual Arts and Crafts

Welcome to the Cabinet Of Curiosities; A Delectable Assortment of Unusual Arts and Crafts that my daughter and myself have created in the past week. Some finished and some in the middle of completion and others just at the beginning of their creation.
First off,  I will grace this post page with my most recent painting in progress ( just at the beginning )for my submission for "Paint Party Friday".The image I had visualized early in the week was of a complete and so perfect in every detail winter scene but it takes time for someone like me who isn't a painter to transform a blank canvas into a visual retreat and I have done very little of  this medium to feel comfortable and knowledgeable in applying the little tricks to recreating the picture I had vividly seen  in my mind so unfortunately it has taken me a week to get this far. But like the song playing...."I  have no fear " in trying to recreate my dream in a foreign medium.... eventually I'll climatize to it....I hope, I guess.....definitely will !!



...So Sorry for the delay, I have every intention to finish the landscape of my dreams , so here it is.





Recently I read a quote that I must keep forever in my heart ; it pretty much tells you the secret ingredients in achieving one's goal.


"If your mind can perceive it,
And your heart can believe it,
Then your hands can achieve it."

Thank you Victorian Rose Palette for those lovely words of wisdom.

Now with those powerful words in mind I'm sure I will reach my goal; may not be a Michelangelo but a whimsical naive  painting by little old me I can most definitely guarantee will transpire in the coming weeks...haha! These things take time.....


 And now for the other arts......


Sea Captain's Keeper ~ Eternal Memory a locket to keep notes, reminders of the day or week , pet pics or lover's pics whatever you like




My daughter M designed this heart when inspired by some roughly cut hearts she had seen in my stained glass stash. It is quite unique in that it is a locket which always stays open (on one side) with the suede black cording of the pendant keeping whatever note or photograph snugly enclosed within the two glasses.

You'll have to excuse my pictures and writing, I have been detained on some important matters today so running behind on stuff. I will post better photographs and more art work tomorrow.






Quite impressed by M's soldering and design abilities she has demonstrated in the past week. It was too late to take  proper photographs of her locket (External Memory...haha ) Sea Captain's Keeper and her beautiful fairy creature she created in stained glass ; will post tomorrow, better in the natural light.




And let me introduce you to Her Royal Highness Princess Maxine Payne..A Black Widow Spider..MAXIMUM PAIN!!!.....literally...HAHA! Beware of Maxine she doesn't keep her suitors very long:(






When I was sculpting her just about everything went wrong , ultimately breaking one of her lovely Victorian glass eyes; luckily I had more. She was a Royal Pain to construct...Thanks M for giving me her name, next time think of a nicer name ...haha!






This is going to be Maxine's new home...I will be sculpting her a lovely web which I will adhere to the back of this Hand Painted Victorian Matt with romantic violets.







Not sure where Maxine wants to sit but once her spidery bed is made I'm sure she'll know.




Until next Paint Party Friday......Have no fear    :) Annabelle

1 comment:

Fallingladies said...

Lovely spider... and I'm sure you're right, the painting will come!

Blog Archive

Blog Archive